Monday, December 31, 2012

japan?

Hello, or should I say, konnichiwa? After a fourteen-hour plane ride, Japan customs, and a fifteen-minute ($70) cab ride, Jenna and I are finally settled in at our sketchy hotel home for the night. I'd say that given the circumstances, we're both unusually chipper. I guess since our flight tomorrow is only four hours? Or that Japanese food is amazing? Or that the New Year just happened? (Fourteen hours before the East Coast so for all the folks at home, hello from the future!) Or that we get to hang out with adorable kids for the next few weeks? Or that we finally get to sleep. Pretty much a combination of all of those things. Since I'm exhausted, I'm going to cut it short for tonight. At least I'll sleep well knowing that there's a nice chair blocking any intruders from coming in to our room. Yes, one of the movies that they showed on the plane was "Taken." Probably a bad choice on the airline's part but at least it scared us into taking extra precautions... right?

xo,
e.m.

1 comment: