Wednesday, January 2, 2013

oh, what a day


If anybody were to ever say to you, "today was a big day. I went to Walmart." you would probably assume that they don't get out much. I can assure you that I do get out a lot and having said that, yesterday was a big day, I went to Walmart. But really. Walmart in China. It's kind of an overwhelming experience. Today was a holiday so there were a lot more people than usual which means that my bright red hair and I got a lot of strange looks. It's humbling and it puts a lot of things in perspective. I realized how completely useless I would have been if I didn't have a Chinese-speaking friend with me. She deserves some major kudos for putting up with my dumb questions every four seconds.

It's currently 7:00 in the morning and I've been up since 4:30 because I'm a dummy and fell asleep at 8:30 last night. I'm a little tired but the fact that we get to see the kids today trumps any amount of exhaustion that I could ever feel. Some are still here from my trip last year but there's mostly a whole new batch, even a few who got here only a few days ago. I can't wait to hug them and maybe even squeeze their cheeks! Okay, maybe not the latter but it's just SO hard to resist!

xo,
e.m.

2 comments:

  1. China Wal-Marts are way cooler than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS and I'm SO THANKFUL for you being back in China! Yay and praise God!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete