Thursday, January 10, 2013

wonderful, wonderful

Today was wonderful. I played with some really adorable babies. There is something really therapeutic about holding a cooing little child. My heart was melted by a pair of innocent and wide-open eyes and I learned a lot about life today.

I always liked playing with the older kids. For example, yesterday, I was playing rugby with some of the boys. In hindsight, I shouldn't have been encouraging them to kick a rugby ball in the house but that is exactly why I'm sort of terrified of babies! They're so fragile and I'm so...... not. The past few days though, I'm proud to say that I've gotten over that fear. I held a baby boy for an hour today. So peaceful. The world is such a crazy place, there's so much uncertainly and so much to be afraid of but I forgot all about it. Micah, the little boy, looked up at me with so much trust in his eyes. As I cradled him in my arms, it made me think about the childlike faith that I try so hard to perfect in my everyday life. His gaze was it, effortlessly. I worry about so much. This baby doesn't know anything, he doesn't have anything to call his own yet he smiled at me as if he was the happiest human being in the world.

I've never been a mother (and won't be for a very long time) but I think I got a very small glimpse of it today. It's absolutely beautiful. I'm pulling for Micah to find a forever family (with a super-loving momma) soon!

xo, e.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment